Lyft has been growing exceptionally fast since its inception in the summer of 2012. Currently, Lyft has approximately 30 percent of all rideshare businesses and operates in at least 64 cities around the United States.
All you have to do in South Carolina to use Lyft is to download their app and request a ride. A Lyft driver on duty will come and pick you up and take you wherever you want to go. Additionally, many South Carolina companies use Lyft as a pick-up and delivery service for packages and other goods.
South Carolina Driving Laws and Lyft
Recent statistics from the South Carolina Department of Public Safety state that there were over 988 fatal car accidents in 2017 on South Carolina roads and those statistics don’t seem to be improving.
Because of the high rate of accidents in Anderson and throughout South Carolina, drivers are required by law to have both liability and uninsured coverage for all motorists.
Liability insurance covers both injury and damage compensation for the other people involved in the South Carolina car accident with you, the policyholder.
Uninsured motorist insurance will cover you for any damages and/or injuries if you’ve been involved in an accident with an uninsured driver.
While every driver should carry insurance, it’s sometimes difficult to assign responsibility for your Anderson South Carolina accident as everyone involved in the accident will have their own version of the truth.
In South Carolina, accidents happen and it’s important that you are prepared. If you or a loved one was involved in an accident in South Carolina, you need to contact a South Carolina Lyft accident lawyer such as the ones as Thomason & Pracht.
What Should You Do in Case of a Lyft Accident in South Carolina?
South Carolina Lyft accident lawyers are not against Lyft or any other rideshare company, but they are aware of the complicated laws surrounding rideshare car accidents.
The South Carolina attorneys at Thomason & Pracht understand that being in any car accident can be a traumatic experience for you or your loved ones. South Carolina car accidents can impact you, your family and your passengers.
Being involved in a South Carolina Lyft accident is, in many ways, like being a passenger in any other vehicle.
If you’ve been involved in a Lyft car accident in South Carolina, there are a few steps you can take after the accident that could prove useful later.
1. Stay Calm: If you panic you will not be able to help anyone, including yourself. Make sure everyone is okay.
2. Call the Police: Call to report the accident and let them know if anyone needs emergency medical assistance so they can dispatch the proper people to help you or anyone else that needs immediate medical assistance.
3. The Police: When the police get there, file an accident report. This is extremely important in proving a South Carolina car accident happened and will provide valuable information to your South Carolina Lyft accident lawyer.
4. Gather Information: Talk to the other people who were involved in the Lyft car accident in South Carolina, and exchange insurance information. Because of South Carolina’s driving laws, any other driver should be able to provide you with that information.
5. Take Pictures: Take lots of pictures of all the vehicles involved in the South Carolina car accident. Take pictures from different angles and take pictures of all the license plates of the vehicles involved in the accident. This photographic evidence will assist your South Carolina Lyft accident attorney to build your case.
6. Get Information: Get the names and telephone numbers of everyone involved in the South Carolina car accident, including any witnesses. Your South Carolina Lyft accident attorney will be able to assess which witnesses may help your case.
7. Your Insurance Company: Contact your car insurance company and let them know you’ve been involved in a South Carolina car accident. Do not give them any recorded statement.
The above list applies to Lyft drivers and their passengers. The most important thing is to get medical attention as soon as possible after your South Carolina car accident. You may not think you were injured, but many injuries don’t show up immediately.
Why You Need a South Carolina Lyft Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a South Carolina Lyft accident, placing fault can be somewhat tricky if the accident involved two or more motor vehicles.
Additionally, if one of the drivers was a Lyft driver with a passenger, it gets even more complicated. Questions such as: were you talking, were you wearing your seat belts, was the Lyft driver distracted, and others are going to need to be answered. You will need a South Carolina Lyft accident lawyer to assist in preparing you to answer these and other questions properly.
In South Carolina Lyft accidents involving a Lyft driver, the area of law gets a little grey. These types of situations require careful navigation of South Carolina traffic and insurance law.
The attorneys at Thomason & Pracht, LLC in South Carolina, have handled many accident cases involving Lyft. Their legal team can guide you through the complicated system and assist you in taking the right steps to get you or your loved one all the compensation they deserve.