Anderson SC Personal Injury Attorney
Since its founding, Thomason and Pracht, LLP has taken great pride in representing individuals injured by the careless and reckless behavior of other people and corporations. Our lawyers have handled trucking fatalities, motorcycle crashes, commercial vehicle crashes, car wrecks, premises liability cases and much more. Most of our practice is focused right here in Anderson, South Carolina; however, Thomason and Pracht, LLP has represented clients with serious injuries arising in Charleston, Greenville, Oconee, Greenwood, Abbeville, Spartanburg, Myrtle Beach, Orangeburg and Columbia. We have a terrific network which our lawyers rely upon to provide top quality legal services to our clients in a South Carolina personal injury case.
- Insurance companies make Billions of dollars a year in profit! They don’t make all this money by paying top dollar on insurance claims. In fact it is just the opposite; insurance companies profit by nickel and diming anyone filing an insurance claim. Further, insurance adjusters’ performance is often rated by how much or little they pay on your claim. Facing a corporate system like this you need a dedicated attorney to defend your rights in the South Carolina courts. Below we have listed some helpful information and links that will assist you. Remember, if you are unsure of your rights, the best practice is to call our Anderson, South Carolina Law Office. We offer free consultations for Personal Injury cases.
FIVE THINGS TO DO WHEN IN A CAR WRECK IN SOUTH CAROLINA
- Call the police! It is very important that you report any car accident to the proper authorities. Failure to do so may result in unwanted delays and difficulties in getting settlements for your lost property or injuries.
- If you are injured, have someone call EMS and go to the emergency room. Depending on the nature of injury it is important that you are seen as soon as possible.
- Document everything! If you have a camera phone you should take photographs of the accident scene, get the names and phone numbers of witnesses, and record the name of the investigating officer. Additionally, you should keep all bills, medical records, reports regarding your wreck and obtain a copy of your automobile insurance declarations page.
- Do not sign anything that an insurance company gives you! Insurance companies want to settle cheap and settle quickly. Unlike hard working South Carolina citizens injured in trucking accidents or car crashes, insurance companies have plenty of cash on hand. They know how difficult it can be making ends meet after you are injured in a crash. They want to take advantage of this financial pain and pressure you into a fast settlement. Don’t give in, our South Carolina attorneys work to get you to a Courtroom as fast as possible.
- Call your South Carolina source for all injuries on the roadway whether a trucking, motorcycle or car crash, Thomason and Pracht, LLP is ready to help. We offer free consultations on all highway crash cases. Call today 864-293-7793!
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A CASE? In South Carolina a Plaintiff must prove several elements to recover against a careless of reckless individual or corporation. In reviewing an automobile crash you should ask yourself the following:
- Who caused this crash? Was it the other driver’s fault? Did I contribute to causing the crash in some way?
- Do I have a real injury that has forced me to incur medical expenses, lost time and severe hardship? Even if a trucking, motorcycle or car crash is not your fault, you cannot recover anything unless we have solid evidence to support your claim for bodily injury.
- Did the crash cause the injury? Naturally, the Plaintiff if in any lawsuit must prove that their injuries or damages were caused by the underlying trucking, motorcycle or car crash.
If the answers to these questions are “Yes” then you likely have a viable personal injury claim. However, the first step should always be to call an attorney at Thomason and Pracht, LLP. We offer free consultations on all trucking, motorcycle, and car crash cases.
HELPFUL PERSONAL INJURY LINKS:
NOLO is a company that provided legal forms and educational materials. Their summary of accident and injury law is helpful when assessing whether you have a case or not.
The Truck Safety Coalition is a wonderful organization dedicated to preventing Trucking crashes in Anderson, South Carolina and across the United States. Their website has good information about victim assistance if you or a loved one has been injured or killed as a result of Trucking negligence on the Highways of South Carolina.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has an extensive website that covers vehicle safety. Their page focused on motorcycles answers questions such as how to identify unsafe helmets, covers state laws, and features studies and reports.